Must Love Snacks! The Goods Mart is a new kind of destination where neighbors get to know each other while learning about the latest better-for-you & the planet emerging food brand that is just hitting the shelves. Founded by Rachel Krupa in 2018, the mission of The Goods Mart is to make better-for-your foods more accessible and to celebrate the incredible makers of all colors and backgrounds that make a positive impact on our food system.
Do Good! Leadership, Team Hiring & Development, Store Flow
- Responsible for expanding the Goods Mart into at least two new physical locations in 2022. Oversee expansion planning and forecasting, retail operations, strategic road mapping, inventory strategy, and overall store-level success
- Identify key business risks, issues, and opportunities; staff resources and execute against them across the company.
- Understand and uphold TGM ingredient standards.
- Assist in hiring with TGM founder.
- Manage schedules and train, assign, supervise, and evaluate in-store team members.
- Build a positive and engaging workplace, where each team members feel uplifted and supported.
- Continuously inspect stores to ensure security and safety
- Promote teamwork and compliance with company policies, standards, and directives.
- Inspect all equipment to ensure it is operating properly.
Do Good! Operations
- Assist in managing day-to-day operations of retail locations
- Lead efforts to optimize inventory in-store and online; own inventory reporting and develop overall supply chain + logistics strategy.
- Responsible for ordering inventory for each store and manage distribution logistics
- Work closely with Director of Partnerships to create systems for TGM B2B processes.
- Create streamline process for the launch of The Goods Mart data driven tech-enabled platform
- Assist in launching The Goods Mart delivery platform partnership
- Responsible for the profitability of the stores, meets labor, sales, and margin goals determined in accordance with the founder.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Interest in grocery, retail, CPG with 4+ years of experience in Operations, Management and/or Logistics. Experience in leading a team.
- Experience operating within a fast-paced, startup environment and launching new services; knowledgeable of building launch playbooks.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously execute across multiple business lines at a high level.
- Highly organized, self-starter who can identify most critical tasks on a day-to-day basis and clearly communicate priorities directly to the founder.
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in on day-to-day in store tasks such as packing snack boxes and checking customers out as needed.
- Excellent analytical skills: direct experience owning grocery or retail KPIs preferred.
- Deep knowledge in Square, Shopify, Google Suite and Excel.
- Strong communicator with ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be based in NYC and excited to work in-person.
- Want to help to change the direction of emerging CPG brands
- Eagerness to grow and learn from industry experts
- Salary based on experience.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter including why you'd like to work at The Goods Mart to email@example.com