The Goods Mart - Brand and Community Manager
Must Love Snacks! The Goods Mart is a new kind of destination where neighbors get to know each other while learning about the latest better-for-you & the planet emerging food brand that is just hitting the shelves. Founded by Rachel Krupa in 2018, the mission of The Goods Mart is to make better-for-your foods more accessible and to celebrate the incredible makers of all colors and backgrounds that make a positive impact on our food system.
We are looking for a tenacious, roll-up-your-sleeves operator to oversee our fast-paced growth in 2022 and beyond. Brand Manager will report directly into the Founder & CEO and serve as the Brand Growth and Operations functional leader across the company. This is a critical role in which many key business goals will depend on your ability to set effective strategy and quickly execute.
About The Role
The Goods Mart (TGM) is looking for a Brand and Community Manager to help elevate our NYC-based stores and direct-to-consumer snack box business by working with our The Goods Mart Founder on assisting in continuing to build existing initiatives and create new ones, oversee external newsletters, spearhead community outreach within our neighborhood and within the network of brands in our store and handle social media presence across The Goods Marts platforms. This position provides growth opportunity to those who can thrive under fast-paced environments and those who take advantage of ownership opportunities in the role!
Do Good! Marketing, Community & Events
- Write compelling, on-brand, educational copy for marketing that demonstrates values of The Goods Mart.
- Manage the content calendar for internal/external marketing initiatives, newsletters, and actively source new content internally with our internal creative partners.
- Forge relationships with marketing team of the brands we carry in-store.
- Oversee TGM various sampling programs and events.
- Seek local partnership opportunities that drive brand awareness.
- Lead community events at all TGM locations.
- Drive marketing initiative with corporate and hospitality partners.
- Deepen subscription box vertical and assist in developing vision for ecomm.
- On-board our new brands onto our website, and write website copy & shoot photos.
- Engage with local community (customers within our store & local businesses) for all locations.
- Oversee The Goods Mart marketing intern(s).
- Work directly with The Goods Mart founder to continue to ideate creative initiatives to executive and innovate.
Do Good! Social Media
- Direct and execute all social media campaigns, partnerships, giveaways, and collaborations.
- Assistant in developing TGM strategy across all platforms: Instagram and TikTok
- Engage with influencer outreach
- Act as digital community manager – engaging and activating our social following.
- Manage the Influencer Box program
- Deliver on social KPI’s and report on them weekly to the leadership team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum three to four years hands-on experience managing comprehensive marketing projects for a brand
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Proficiencies: Photoshop, Adobe, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Analytics, and Google Business, Shopify (a plus)
- Flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as needed for community events
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up work environment
- Team player – no task is too small or too big
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to help TGM grow
- Be creative and think outside the box
Above all, Must Love Snacks and want to make a positive impact the food CPG system.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter including why you'd like to work at The Goods Mart to email@example.com