The Goods Mart (TGM), the New York-based brick-and-mortar highly curated, better-for-you convenience store and direct-to-consumer snack box curator that values doing good, community and people above all else...is looking for you!
We’re on a mission to make better-for-you foods more accessible and to celebrate the incredible makers of all colors and backgrounds that make a positive impact on our food system. You can expect to find a friendly “hello” paired with upgrades to typical store staples, all while discovering new emerging brand favorites.
The Goods Mart is rebuilding community – and you can be a part of the movement! From neighborhood food gatherings and monthly giveback, TGM is an entirely unexpected convenience store with a sweet ethos and mindful, meaningful work culture. The Goods Mart has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, goop, Fast Company, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, Marie Claire & more.
About The Role
The Goods Mart (TGM) is looking for an Assistant Marketing & Social Manager to help elevate our NYC-based stores and direct-to-consumer snack box business by working with our The Goods Mart Founder and Marketing Manager on assisting in continuing to build existing initiatives, oversee internal and external newsletters, and handle social media presence across The Goods Marts social platforms. This position provides growth opportunity to those who can thrive under fast-paced environments and those who take advantage of ownership opportunities in the role!
Do Good! Marketing & Social
- Write compelling, on-brand, educational copy for marketing/social channels that demonstrates value of The Goods Mart.
- Manage the content and calendar for internal/external marketing initiatives, newsletters, and social, actively sourcing new content internally with our internal creative partners.
- Direct and execute all social media campaigns, partnerships, giveaways, and collaborations.
- Act as digital community manager – engaging and activating our social following.
- Deliver on social KPI’s and report on them weekly to the leadership team.
- Engage with local community (customers within our store & local businesses).
- Oversee The Goods Mart intern(s).
- Fulfill and execute snack box and event orders
- Work directly with The Goods Mart founder to continue to ideate creative initiatives to executive and innovate.
- Administrative tasks to support The Goods Mart team
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum two years hands-on experience managing comprehensive marketing projects for a brand
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Proficiencies: Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Google Analytics, and Google Business
- Flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends as needed for community events
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative start-up work environment
- Team player – no task is too small or too big
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Photography experience is a plus
- Proficient in Canva and Shopify is a plus
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to help TGM grow
- Be creative and think outside the box