Want to do good, make a difference, shake up convenience?
The Goods Mart (TGM), the New York-based brick-and-mortar better-for-you convenience store and direct-to-consumer snack box curator that values doing good, community and people above all else...is looking for you!
We’re on a mission to make better-for-your foods more accessible and to celebrate the incredible makers of all colors and backgrounds that make a positive impact on our food system. You can expect to find a friendly “hello” paired with upgrades to typical store staples, all while discovering new favorites.
The Goods Mart has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, goop, Business Insider, Fast Company, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, Marie Claire, Marth Stewart, and more.
About the Role
The Goods Mart (TGM) is looking for an Assistant Buyer based in New York to help us grow and continue to push the envelope on what it means to be a retail partner with emerging brands.
- Supports buyer in solving everyday problems and communicates with key executives.
- Oversees orders with various manufacturers on product delivery, placement and shipping status; replenishes orders for product.
- Analyzes and sets product stock levels for our retail locations, additionally monitors purchase order, receipt of goods to retail locations and e-commerce.
- Upon need will monitor product sales for brochures and other advertisements.
- Supports buyer in product research and maintains retail locations’ product knowledge.
- Follows industry trends to understand which products are trending and what will be hot sellers and discovery new trends.
- Assists with negotiating with vendors on special projects.
- Manages website product images by working closely with our Marketing Department and Business Development team.
- Driving sales and margins through vendor communication, internal design and product development, presenting new strategies and opportunities for sales and profits for their classification.
- Identifying key trends in the marketplace and translating the trends to our target consumer
- Assist in developing seasonal merchandising strategies and prioritize tasks to support market strategy.
- Communicate departmental seasonal strategies to design and cross functional merchandising team to ensure they support long term departmental goals.
- Rank products based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment.
- Work closely with founder on creating innovative ways to amplify brands in store.
- Educate the in-store team members on new products hitting our shelves.
- Partner with planning team to develop balanced investment and inventory strategies.
- Make recommendations for in season strategy changes as needed and communicate to cross functional team on a timely basis.
- Purchase order management - Ability to reconcile and report out receipts on a monthly basis and demonstrate financial responsibility for success of business.
- Assist in executing business strategies, including product development, promotional strategies, and product presentation.
- At minimum of 1 year in the consumer CPG sector.
- Bachelor’s degree required or 3 years equivalent experience.
- High Level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel etc. (i.e. creating advanced formulas, index matching, and pivot tables) required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects or task and have a high level of analytical, communication and phone skills.
- Team players and enthusiastic about emerging CPG brands.
- Excited to join a fun, fast-pace start-up!
To apply, please send resume, why you want to work at The Goods Mart, and your three favorite snacks to firstname.lastname@example.org