The Goods Mart is seeking a Team Member who first and foremost will deliver an extraordinary guest experience. At our store, the team is just as important as the product. We want an individual who will create a fun, warm and welcoming shopping experience from the second the door opens. You will share your product knowledge and enthusiasm with guests by answering questions, offering suggestions, and walking guests to products. Our team ensures our guests know they are welcome and appreciated.
The team demonstrate their commitment to our customers by:
- Greeting them, making eye contact, smiling, and engaging them.
- Educating self about products and services with intensions of sharing this knowledge with customers
- Answering questions and eagerly helping guests find items.
- Offering suggestions for meals, beverages and services.
- Operating the cash register correctly and efficiently while placing value on accuracy and guests time.
- Packing goods with care.
- Promptly getting back to guests who have questions that need follow up.
- Understands the importance of safety while performing all duties.
- Prepares the store for customers by:
- Receiving, unloading and verifying deliveries.
- Stocking shelves, regularly rotating product and tracking spoilage and returns.
- Exercising proper food handling procedures.
- Keeping it polished - cleaning floors, bathrooms, break rooms, outdoor area.
- Works as part of a team by:
- Being friendly, courteous and respectful of all community members – having a positive attitude.
- Working with a sense of urgency within designated time frames.
- Seeking out new tasks and responsibilities.
- Discovering ways to improve processes.
- Arriving to work on time and ready to work at the start of their shift.
- Some experience at a market/cafe or retail environment.
- Understanding of natural/organic products.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and basic computer skills.
- A schedule that is open and flexible in order to adapt to the needs of the business.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
- Team members work standing and walking throughout a shift, use repetitive hand movements with ease, and frequently lift weights up to 25 pounds. The Crew may occasionally lift weights from 10-50 pounds with heights of 10 to 72 inches.
- Regular and punctual attendance an essential part of the job.