The Goods Mart is looking for imaginative, friendly, highly organized in-store team members that are excited to talk with customers about better-for-you brands and help them discover their new favorite products! This is the perfect job to supplement other creative endeavors in the arts, music, movement, and more. Expect amazing snacks, great music (you’re the DJ), to be the taste tester of deliciously impactful brands and to let your social butterfly side come to life.
Want to do good, make a difference, shake up convenience?
We’re on a mission to make better-for-your foods more accessible and to celebrate the incredible makers of all colors and backgrounds that make a positive impact on our food system. You can expect to find a friendly “hello” paired with upgrades to typical store staples, all while discovering new favorites.
The Goods Mart has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, goop, Business Insider, Fast Company, Vogue, Wall Street Journal, Marie Claire, Marth Stewart, and more.
About The Role
The Goods Mart is looking for In-Store Team Members to deliver an extraordinary guest experience by creating a fun, warm and welcoming shopping experience throughout the Goods Mart. We look for our Team Members to share their product knowledge and enthusiasm with guests by answering questions, offering suggestions, and walking guests to products. Team Members work closely with the operations team to ensure deliveries are received accurately and shelves are fully stocked. We're looking for individuals who want to work hard and be promoted within the company to help us achieve our mission. We're committed to promoting within our team and are looking for team members excited by the opportunity to work hard and develop new skills."
Do Good! Responsibilities:
- Greet our customers with a smile and make eye contact.
- Create a fun, positive and uplifting shopping experience.
- Help to guide and assistant customers on product selection
- Learn about the emerging brands that fill our store and share that knowledge with our customers.
- Share product knowledge and enthusiasm with guests by answering questions, offering suggestions, and walking guests to products.
- Manage sales transactions at checkout on Square
- Receive deliveries and maintain fully stocked shelves on the store floor.
- Maintain a clean and organized store and workplace.
- Understand the importance of safety while performing all duties
- Have FUN!
Qualifications & Experience:
- Motivated and eager to move into a managerial role.
- Hospitality and/or retail experience.
- Understanding of natural/organic products.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and basic computer skills.
- Availability of at least 20 hours per week, including some weekends, is required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be comfortable standing throughout the day.
Compensation & Perks:
- Monthly store credit for snacks, coffee and slushies
- Ability to try all the snacks that fill our store.
How To Apply:Please email your resume to email@example.com with a short message about why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what your favorite snacks are. Please include two professional references (email and phone number).